Friday, May 9, 2008

Please sponsor me for the World Partnership Walk (Montreal)

This year again, I'm walking in the World Partnership Walk (Montreal - Sunday, May 25, Beaver Lake on Mount Royal, 11am).

If you haven't heard me talk about it before, it's because I usually don't. I usually just put on some running shoes, maybe help out on the day of the walk, but mostly just show up and follow the pack.

When I was younger, I used to raise funds every year, by asking random adults in the community center to sponsor me. Now, it's YOUR turn to be the random adults.

But wait! What's this walk all about, you ask? Here's the official text (and yes, it's all true):

"World Partnership Walk raises funds to help improve the lives and livelihoods of families and communities in Africa and Asia through health, education and rural development programs as well as community-led initiatives. All of the funds raised go directly to programs supported by Aga Khan Foundation Canada, a private, non-denominational, Canadian development agency. Not a cent is spent on administration."

Now, I haven't raised funds in a few years, but this time, I want to contribute to the global community. With everything that's going wrong in the world, all the negativity in the media, it's nice to know that posing a small gesture can help someone so much on the other side of the world.

Help bring all of us closer. And as the Walk's motto says so well, "You'll make a world of difference!"

PS: I'll walk either way, but your support would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You can donate online through my secure website by clicking here;
Gimme a cash or cheque in person;
Or just show up on Sunday, May 25 at Mount Royal Park near Beaver Lake at 11am and walk with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment